There are a lot of things on our mind when moving to another part of the city, but the most important one is definitely- whether to hire professional packers and movers or to pack on your own. In this blog, we will try to make this dilemma more simple for you.
Packing and moving is a stressful exercise that stretches across days and even months. Maybe some of you are thinking that it can’t be that hard and that you don’t have that much stuff. But just think about the fact that you would have to pack, load, unload and unpack all of your belongings by yourself. If you think all of your friends will be there to help you, you are probably not right. You can’t expect all of your friends to be free at the same time as you. Besides, even if they are, they are not professionals, they don’t know the right and the best way to pack all of your belongings. You could risk damaging something while packing or moving.
The other problem with packing and moving by yourself is transportation. Do you have a truck or you are planning to borrow it from a friend? Or neither of those two, so you need to rent a truck? Is it renting a truck convenient and do you really save that much money? From people’s experience, we would say NO. Many people think that the DIY move is much cheaper than hiring a local furniture moving company, but in the end, it’s only a little bit cheaper. When you rent a truck and pay for the packing material, you won’t save that much as you first expected.
Not to talk about the time and energy you will waste by doing it yourself. During the move, you have so many things you need to think about and to bear on your mind, that wasting time on worrying about packing and moving doesn’t seem to be necessary.
So, to make it even more simple, by DIY you will:
- Pack and unpack everything
- Load and unload everything
- Rent or borrow a truck
- Buy packing materials
- Waste your time and energy
On the other hand, if you decide to go with a professional moving company with a truck, you need to keep in mind that there are lots of options available, from packing your entire household to packing selected things only. If cost is not an issue, then consider hiring professionals for both packing and unpacking. Many services provide everything from packing up your household to unpacking and setting up your new home, but Seattle Moving Services is the best local packing and moving company with a truck in Seattle WA.
- Full packing service means that you basically do nothing until the day of your move. On that day, the movers will arrive and pack, load, and deliver everything you have. You can include an unpacking service as well. This option is more expensive for two reasons- first is that you are paying for the packing materials, the second is that it takes longer so you are charged more for the labor.
- In between, you have the option of the movers packing just selective items, like breakable or electronics. In that case, the basic charges usually apply, and you are only paying extra for the selective packing.
- You also have the option to choose just movers and to pack by yourself, but this is the option we wouldn’t recommend because the packing process is the most difficult one.
- If you have your own truck, or you are borrowing it from a friend, you can choose a labor-only moving option. Our professional movers with a truck will come at the arranged time and they will pack, load, unload, and unpack everything you have already packed. We must say that at Seattle Moving Services trucks are well-maintained and cleaned after every move. And if we are talking about our drivers, they are trained and experienced professionals.
- Also, you can hire our professional movers just for the packing process, in that case, loading and moving are on you. They will wrap up everything with specialized moving blankets and plastic wrap, and hanging clothes will be placed in wardrobe boxes.
Whatever service you decide to choose, it’s better and easier than doing it yourself. Of course, if you have to pack and move only a few items to the next door, then you can do it by yourself, that is not too exhausting.
To conclude, when moving there’s so much to do that hiring a professional packing and moving service must be the right way to go. This might look like self-promotion but when we say that we offer a hassle-free packing and moving experience then we mean it. Almost all of our relocations are 100% damage free, come with zero delays, and are controlled by a dedicated move manager. Even if something accidentally happens to one of your items, basic coverage insurance is included. So at least when it comes to the moving of your households, offices, or storages, Seattle Moving Services has got you covered from that stress.